The last couple of decades has witnessed a remarkable increase in the trend of people choosing a preplanned funeral or cremation services Waite Hill, OH. It is a great option for people who want to relieve their families of the stress and uncertainty of arranging the final services.
Having your wishes known to the family and paying for them in advance brings great relief to you and your loved ones. If you’re planning to plan your own funeral services and having a tough time deciding where to get started, then consider the below tips.
Should You Preplan or Not?
The first question that comes to mind is whether or not you should go for pre-planning. If you want to make your last service memorable and creative without putting an extra burden on your family, then preplanning is right for you.
When the loved ones already know in detail how you wanted the funeral service to proceed, it will give them emotional solace. They won’t have to worry about whether the service fulfills your desires and rather can spend more time mourning and interacting with visitors.
Also, preplanning gives you a gift of time and you can jot down the specific items and services you would like to be included in your funeral. Plus, you can pay a part of or in-full for all the services which saves you a lot of money if you consider ever-increasing inflation. All these points justify why you should contact a funeral director and start preplanning sooner than later.
How Do You Start Preplanning?
Start by articulating a thorough and well-thought-out plan for:
- Writing a complete obituary or simply put down the information you want to include in it. Choosing where it should appear like newspaper, social media, etc.
- Placing all the paperwork pertaining to your financial and personal information in one place.
- Cremation, burial, mausoleum, or which other types of funeral service do you prefer.
- Making a contact list of attendees
- Finalize who will deliver the eulogy
- Type of casket if burial, or type of urn if you choose cremation
- Your cemetery lot location
- Music collection, if you want
- Shop for the funeral home; take quotes from at least three homes, and compare their packages and quality of services before finalizing your decision. Then, jot down its contact details.
Shopping for other services like floral arrangements, Pallbearers, reading holy scripture, or other readings.
Clearly mention all additional activities that you want in your end-of-life celebrations.
Including Your Family in Preplanning
It’s important to appraise your family of all your wishes and details of your plans. You should give a copy of complete information including instructions and financial details of your funeral planning to a trusted family member or a close friend. Make sure your representative has a list of your bank accounts, insurances, debts and mortgages, accountant firms and mortuaries, and more.
Hopefully, you’ll be able to steer through the preplanning process. Now, you can have peace of mind knowing that all your final wishes will be honored after you die without putting an extra burden on your family. Cremation services Waite Hill, OH, can easily be arranged.